- Name a focal person and provide his/her coordinates to all members of the network and UNESCO.
- Develop and implement an outreach strategy of the Asian G-WADI network. This must include setting up of a web site at the Asian G-WADI Secretariat hosting institute server, preparation of brochures, posters and other materials, in consultation with other members of the Asian G-WADI share information with global G-WADI secretariat and other regional G-WADI networks.
- Seek and compile information and news from all members of the network to be published as news item in the web of the Global and Asian G-WADI network.
- Maintain the record of the members of the network, their activities including the pilot basins, and lead the implementation of the approved regional workplans.
- Maintain records of the Asian-GWADI meetings in Asia and globally and seek possibilities to provide necessary support if requested particularly for the Asian G-WADI basins. This could include the establishment of a mechanism for exchange of experts and information.
- Act as liaison between the Asian and Global G-WADI network
- In close coordination with the related UNESCO Cluster Offices and Global G-WADI Network and the Asian G-WADI Advisory Group, prepare an annual plan of action for the network in consultation with other members of the network
- Prepare an annual report and a final report at the end of the third year to be presented at the next General Assembly of the members of the Asian G-WADI network.
- If new pilot basins are proposed by any member, review the proposal in consultation with the Asian G-WADI Advisory Group members and related UNESCO cluster offices to receive their comments and suggestions on activities to be held at the basin; and to identify possible assistance if needed.
Asian G-WADI secretariat (CAREERI/CAS)
Professor, Dr. Xin Li
Professor, Dr. Zhuotong Nan
Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute,
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Tel: +86 (931) 4967249, 4967298
Fax: +86 (931) 8279161