G-WADI’07 Lanzhou, China, June 11-15, 2007
The ground water is a major component of water resource in arid regions. Additionally, the interaction between ground and surface water is very complex in arid regions. Computer models and other new technologies such as isotope are providing quantitative tools for characterizing these processes.
A better understanding of ground water dynamics through the proper use of groundwater modelling tools will help people to manage precious water resources in watersheds of arid areas.
Ground water modeller, government and watershed manager and decision maker, scientist, graduate student, and local stakeholder are the potential participants for this training workshop. Members of G-WADI Asia network are also expected to attend this workshop and the following special Asian meeting.
The aim of the proposed workshop is to transfer the technology in ground water modelling and introduce the latest development in this field. The participants will be trained by world class experts in the field of ground water research. They also will be equipped with up-to-date modelling tools, web materials, and a connection with good expertise, which will enable them to have new insights into how to use ground water more appropriately in arid regions.
G-WADI Committee, UNESCO regional offices (Beijing, Almaty, Delhi and Tehran), and CAREERI/CAS are extending financial contribution for organizing this training course.
- Xin Li – CAREERI introduction.pdf
- Abdelkader Larabi – regional model for seawater intrusion in the chaouia coastal aquifer (morocco).pdf
- Abdelkader Larabi – Development and Application of Seawater Intrusion Models theory, analytical, benchmarking and num.pdf
- Adrian Bulter- Stochastic methods for aquifer protection and management.pdf
- Craig Simmons – variable density groundwater flow modelling－application.pdf
- Craig Simmons – Variable_Density_Modelling.pdf
- Howard Wheater – An introduction to G-WADI and the Lanzhou Workshop.pdf
- Howard Wheater – Hydrological processes, recharge and surface water-groundwater interactions in arid and semi arid.pdf
- Jesus Carrera – Some applications in hydrology of methods to handle heterogeneity.pdf
- Jesus Carrera – Heterogeneity.pdf
- Jesus Carrera – Stochastic modelling and uncertainty.pdf
- Mike Edmunds – conceptual models for recharge sequences in arid and semi-arid regions using isotopic and geochem.pdf
- Shakeel Ahmed – Making Aquifer Modeling Unbiased Through Application of Geostatistics.pdf
- Shakeel Ahmed – ESTIMATING GROUNDWATER BALANCE IN A GRANITIC AQUIFER AND A DECISION SUPPORT TOOL FOR GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT IN OVER-EXPLOITED WATERSHED
- Wolfgang Kinzelbach – Sustainable Groundwater Resources Management.pdf
- Xusheng Wang – Numerical Modeling of Groundwater Flow in Heihe River Basin at Middle Reaches A Review.pdf